Westminster Child Development Center provides quality-based, curriculum-centered programming in a Christian-environment for families of varying socio-economic levels in the Grand Rapids area.
The Westminster Child Development Center (WCDC) has a rich tradition and reputation for providing quality child care since its formation in 1969. Managed by a consortium of downtown churches, the center was conveniently located and designed to support the needs of downtown workers. Ultimately, the sole responsibility for its operations came under Westminster Presbyterian Church, where it has always been located.
- We recognize the need to provide a curriculum of learning that fosters the physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth of the children in our care.
- We respect the uniqueness of each child as God given and plan a program which is responsive to individual needs.
- We consider it a responsibility to work closely with parents and we encourage their support and value their participation.
- We believe in actively demonstrating the love of our Lord to all our children and families. It is not necessary to be a member of our church or share our faith to have a child at WCDC.
- Westminster Child Development Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin.